We are excited to invite you to this year’s RiverBend 5K Run/Walk and Wellness Fair!
Date: Sunday, September 28th, 2014
NEW Location! All activities along with start/finish are at 123 International Way, Springfield at the RiverBend Annex (map). Just a hop, skip and a jump from the hospital, it provides more parking, less traffic and more space for vendors and play! Of course, you get to enjoy the same great course.
A morning filled with fun, fitness and families, this event is enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. The event is run, walk and stroller-friendly! Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute serves as our host while GloryBee Foods is back again as our gold event sponsor. The 5K start and finish are in front of the Annex. Event day activities include:
- A Flat, Fast & Scenic 5K: The 3.1 mile course winds through residential streets, bike and pedestrian paths, around the Sacred Heart Medical Center Campus and along the McKenzie River.
- A Wellness Fair: Visit with local businesses and organizations dedicated to helping support your healthy active life.
- Kid’s Fun Run & Kid Zone: Kids 12 and under can participate in a free Fun Run with finisher goodie bag while kids of all ages can enjoy activities and games in our Kid Zone, put on by Kipsters Gymnastics Dance & Fitness.
- 8:00am-9:15am: Packet Pickup
- 9:00am: Kids Fun Run start
- 9:30am: 5K run/walk start
- 8:00am-11:30am: Free Wellness Fair
- 10:45am: Random Prize Drawings and age group awards
- Register online HERE
- Register in person at the Eugene Running Company (until noon Friday September 26th)
- Register on event day (add $5 to registration fees. See below)
- Kid’s Fun Run: Free for kids under 12
- Kids 12 and under: $10
- Adults 13 – 59: $20
- Seniors 59 and up: $15
- Family Rate $50 for 2 adults and 2 kids
- Day of Event: add $5
All registrants receive a finisher’s gift at packet pickup along with a goodie bag with information and goodies from our sponsors.
Promote Your Business or Organization at the Wellness Fair!
As an exhibitor you gain valuable exposure and have a unique opportunity to generate awareness and interest in your mission, products or services. Your sponsorship will support the dynamic and crucial advocacy and action work we do to prevent childhood obesity in Lane County. Check out our flexible RiverBend 5K Sponsorship & Vendor Benefit Packet that include special rates for non-profits.
Can’t make it to the fair, but want to help?
Contribute a prize to our drawings and get your name on the event day prize poster. Contact us before September 23rd to make a prize donation.
Look Who’s Helping to Fight Childhood Obesity!
We couldn’t put on this important community event without the generous support of our sponsors, supporters, volunteers, our event director, Mike Blackmore of Blackmore Performance Services and businesses who offer their in-kind donations and prize gifts.
- GloryBee Foods
- Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute
- Lonn Robertson, DMD
- Cafe Yumm!
- PacificSource Health Plans
- Oregon Medical Group: Orthopedic & Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss Jase
- Moss Adams
- Johnson, Johnson & Schaller
- Emge & Whyte
- Chvatal Orthodontics
- Pink Buffalo Racing
- RBC Wealth Management
- McClain Counseling
- The Bierstein
- Oregon Podiatry