Thanks so much to all of our participants, sponsors, community partners, our hosts, prize donators and all of you who gave their time, talent and in-kind donations to make 2014’s event the best yet! We had record registration, a Kid’s Run led by athletes, top-notch prizes, a sweet course, age group awards and great weather. Check out our Facebook 5K Photo Album!
A big extra thank you to our gold sponsors at GloryBee Foods, our hosts at Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute at PeaceHealth RiverBend and to our race director Mike Blackmore of Blackmore Performance Services for helping to make the day special for so many and for contributing to our largest fundraiser. Please click on the links below to learn more about all of our sponsors and contributors as well as peruse details about this year’s event.
- GloryBee Foods
- Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute
- Lonn Robertson, DMD
- Cafe Yumm!
- PacificSource Health Plans
- McKenzie Martial Arts
- Oregon Medical Group: Orthopedic & Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss Jase
- Moss Adams
- Johnson, Johnson & Schaller
- Emge & Whyte
- Chvatal Orthodontics
- Pink Buffalo Racing
- RBC Wealth Management
- McClain Counseling
- The Bierstein
- Oregon Podiatry
2014 Event Details – I hope you can join us for our 2015 event!
Date: Sunday, September 28th, 2014
PARKING – IMPORTANT! Event parking is at the EAST lot of the RiverBend Annex with easy access to packet pick up. CLICK TO SEE PARKING MAP
Course Map: CLICK TO SEE COURSE MAP
NEW Location! All activities along with start/finish are at 123 International Way, Springfield at the RiverBend Annex (map). Just a hop, skip and a jump from the hospital, it provides more parking, less traffic and more space for vendors and play! Of course, you get to enjoy the same great course.
A morning filled with fun, fitness and families, this event is enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. The event is run, walk and stroller-friendly! Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute serves as our host while GloryBee Foods is back again as our gold event sponsor. The 5K start and finish are in front of the Annex. Event day activities include:
- A Flat, Fast & Scenic 5K: The 3.1 mile course winds through residential streets, bike and pedestrian paths, around the Sacred Heart Medical Center Campus and along the McKenzie River.
- A Wellness Fair: Visit with local businesses and organizations dedicated to helping support your healthy active life.
- Kid’s Fun Run & Kid Zone: Kids 12 and under can participate in a free Fun Run with finisher goodie bag while kids of all ages can enjoy activities and games in our wellness fair.
- 8:00am-9:15am: Packet Pickup
- 9:00am: Kids Fun Run start
- 9:30am: 5K run/walk start
- 8:00am-11:30am: Free Wellness Fair
- 10:45am: Random Prize Drawings and age group awards
- Register on event day (add $5 to registration fees. See below)
- Register online
- Register at Eugene Running Company
- Kid’s Fun Run: Free for kids under 12
- Kids 12 and under: $10
- Adults 13 – 59: $20
- Seniors 59 and up: $15
- Family Rate $50 for 2 adults and 2 kids
- Day of Event: add $5
All registrants receive a finisher’s gift at packet pickup along with a goodie bag with information and goodies from our sponsors (until we run out).
Promote Your Business or Organization at the Wellness Fair!
As an exhibitor you gain valuable exposure and have a unique opportunity to generate awareness and interest in your mission, products or services. Your sponsorship will support the dynamic and crucial advocacy and action work we do to prevent childhood obesity in Lane County. Check out our flexible RiverBend 5K Sponsorship & Vendor Benefit Packet that include special rates for non-profits.
Can’t make it to the fair, but want to help?
Contribute a prize to our drawings and get your name on the event day prize poster. Contact us before September 23rd to make a prize donation.